Thursday, March 6, 2008

OLD FRIENDS



While the writer's strike isn't a major problem in my life, it has made my TV watching rather bizarre. I need noise (no, hammering, pounding, the buzz of the electronic tools, the occasional exclamations {is that a nice way to put it?} isn't enough), so the TV is a noisy distraction when I'm sewing. I can't really watch it, it's mostly just noise. For the enormous price we pay for the privilege of watching, there should be something to watch, right? There's nothing.
Lately, I've opted for Reading--my ultimate favorite past time. I order books on tape from the mail order library, load my MP3 player with freebies also from the mail order library, load my iPod with podcasts about quilting, and read really true books which I buy or order. The whole point of my blog today is What in the world has happened to goodness? Just good old fashioned stories about families and people who love each other and have adventures together?

Somewhere it's lost. AARP had an article on awards which should have been given to actors who are 50+ and every movie was about something horrible: gangsters, Alzheimer's, infidelity, murder, lust, greed. No joy. No goodness

Well, anyway, a beautiful picture on the Internet today filled me with joy. I've always loved the beautiful story of Helen Keller. She's one of my all time heroes! A brilliant woman who overcame horrendous odds. I thought I'd share the picture which has just recently been found and is one of the only ones of Helen and Annie in which she is holding a doll. If you haven't read Helen's story and Annie's, it'll fill you with joy.
Fill your day today with goodness. Think about your heroes or be kind to someone. Give yourself a good day.


No comments: