Sunday, December 16, 2007

SANTA'S (AND MINE) GRANDEST ELF



Once upon a time in Gunterland, there was an elf. An old, semi-retired elf who wore not a green hat, but a cowboy hat. This particular elf was a Scrooge who often exclaimed, "I hate Christmas!!" I know, I know. English teachers always say not to use more than one exclamation point, but, hey!, I don't have to listen anymore--and he hated Christmas a lot. However, he was, after all, an elf of some experience and renown and he knew that Christmas chores were not only inevitable, but necessary. So this year, he outdid himself:

  • He made new stands for the Father Christmases.
  • He's made innumerable trips to town for whatever is necessary (even as I write he's in Othello buying new pajamas for pajama day at school.
  • He's put up the Christmas tree.
  • He's made cookies.
  • He helped make ornaments.
  • And as the King said: etcetera, etcetera, ETCETERA.

Now don't you think he is the grandest of Santa's elves. I DO AND I LOVE HIM FOR IT.

No comments: