Sunday, December 2, 2007

PRESERVATION & PERVERSION




How's that for a title? It came to me in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep and it isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. I thought you might enjoy hearing a couple of really outrageous tales in a short blog--one of perversion (mine) and one of preservation (just because it's an alliteration with perversion).









Let's start with preservation. When Janeen and Greg first married, they made us a wonderful Father Christmas. Later, when Mother went to the nursing home, I inherited hers and these two fun Santas have been an important part of Christmas for me. For the last couple of years, they've been pretty rickety on their stands and Garth has promised to fix them for me.

This year I insisted. I heard him working away on them in the garage and expected some fancy new stands for them. His solution: Gorilla Glue! Great stuff. You can see both Santas sitting on my little Western display. The metal cowboy Santa also came from Greg and Janeen and the Western nativity is a favorite gift from Julia.

Now for perversion. I often tell my sister Julia that I'm a perverse person because of all my little idiosyncracies, but, remember, that she and I are twins and we are very, very much alike and think alike. Anyway, I am probably my Avon lady's best customer. She's been my Avon lady for probably twenty years off and on. I bought the cute little Santa you see to greet our holiday guests. He talks! He says: Welcome to our home! Happy Holidays, etc. He has become a pain in the neck! If I take a picture anywhere near him he talks. If I move something on the village display he talks. If I let the cat in he talks. Then I find myself telling him to shut up! Isn't that perverse. But I found my own solution--good one isn't it?










So now my Santas are preserved for another several years. And I'll try to remember that my talking Santa is just doing his job! I'm going to blog soon and tell you that my village is finished.
PS. Just a note. Please pray for our newest granddaughter. She and Julirae were flown to Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane because she has RSV. She's a little preemie since she wasn't supposed to have been born until the 8th. Her signs are good, but she'll need our faith and prayers.







No comments: