Monday, December 10, 2007

HER MAJESTY, MISS NIPS





I'm not sure what blogs are supposed to be about, but this one has been a long time coming. Garth recently read the following in a little cartoon: Dogs have owners. Cats have staffs. Our cat has a staff of two. One who really, really loves her and does her every bidding and one who tolerates her with clenched teeth and murderous thoughts (sometimes!) Now Miss Nips came into our lives by default. She is, truly, Jennie's cat, but she would have to pay $100 to take her home as well as figure out how to defend her pitbull, Jude, against Miss Nips because the cat would be the clear winner in that battle.


After Jennie and the kids moved, Nips declared her undying love for Garth. She waits for him in the hall (or in the bathroom) while he showers, she whines for him to let her in at 2AM and he rushes to the door, he rubs her tummy, he feeds her, he sneaks her onto the bed, etc. etc. etc.
He bows to her every whim. He bought her a scratching post (which she used only when he rubbed catnip on it!) and he put in a 2-way cat door (which is now 1-way because she brought several "pets" in with her.) She is dour when he leaves and elated when he returns. He tries to lessen the gap between she and me to no avail.

She is jealous of me and protective of him. Now here's the real crux of the matter--she sleeps on my bed, in my chairs (including my sewing room chair), and on my side of the bed! Go figure.




1 comment:

Avis La Fin said...

I loved this. Good job