Friday, October 3, 2008

MINI MIRACLES

Today was a red letter day for me! After nearly four weeks of non-stop worrying, the cardiologist gave me a clean bill of health. After getting the horrendous report on the first treadmill, he changed one of my medicines and that, apparently, has done the trick now that I've had 2 treadmills, an electrocaridogram, and an angiogram. Don't even mention how much this is all going to cost! Hopefully, Medicare and our insurances will stem the tide. He gave me a lecture on my blood pressure (which, apparently, skyrockets during doctor visits and medical procedures) and a strong warning to change my lifestyle. I'm working on it.

Garth is doing better each day. He really gets exasperated that he's not healing faster and wants to be well now! We also learned that Ty and Jennie's little girl Marcie who will be four on Monday was the recipient of a mini miracle as well. She's struggled with her hearing for some time now and an astute physician (actually a pre-med student) found a small piece of metal in her ear which has caused her hearing problems. So life is progressing again. As soon as Garth gets his clearance from all these doctors, we'll have the bishop send our papers in.

Just in case you need some ideas for Halloween--let your child put on his/her own makeup!






1 comment:

Jennie said...

OMG....that's hillarious! That's my girl!