Sunday, October 19, 2008

DANGEROUS READING

My sister calls them bathroom books--books which you leave in the bathroom and read only when you have lengthy business on the "throne". She keeps a well-stocked magazine rack in her bathroom. I just finished this mystery which took me several months because it was my bathroom book in the upstairs bathroom. The upstairs bathroom has a separate "throne" room (don't ask me why) which has no light so you can only read during the day; thus, a bathroom book can take weeks to read. Anyway. My DH (dear husband) is a "throne" reader from way back and rarely goes into the bathroom without a book or magazine. We've been known to have gun magazines, the Reader's Digest and the Ensign in our bathroom for purusal. I, for some reason, don't read very often in the downstairs bathroom any more since I had a discussion with our Relief Society president about her husband's "throne" reading. Paul reads literally for hours on the throne and it has led to a high incidence and much, much pain from hemorrhoids, but he continues the practice. Please tell me wise readers--does "throne" reading cause hemorrhoids? PS: I don't have hemorrhoids but someone I know and love well does.

No comments: