Friday, July 25, 2008

TO ZION AND TO HOME AND BACK AGAIN




I left you dangling in Casper and didn't finish the tale of our trip. We've actually made it to Zion and have been home two weeks. We've gone to one family reunion and are on to a second this weekend. I'll finish the trip pictures soon, I promise. I downloaded them to a thumb drive and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put them on this blog.

The above picture was taken in Nauvoo at a quilt show. The lady in red is Annie Smith who is a famous quilter. Janeen (aka Laurel according to Annie's website) and I took a class from her and then talked to her for quite a long time afterwards. We could have talked for hours, but Grandpa and Greg were chomping at the bit to get gone to Carthage. She's a member and told us all about other Mormon quilters. We met her husband as well and felt we could all be great friends. They're our kind of people. She even let Janeen and I pick out a free pattern.

The Rufus and Lora Gunter reunion was a lot of fun. The Toler family did an outstanding job which was much appreciated! Uncle Earl was the auctioneer and, as usual, did a great job.

Jay, Carol, Addie (Wes' little girl), Stirling and Wesley. Theron and Ingrid Toler are behind them. I didn't get a good picture of Alan and Linda.

Dawniella entertained herself with her sister's prize from the treasure hunt.

We were promised a "surprise" visit from Reba and Dolly. Can you find them in the picture?




No comments: