Wednesday, April 23, 2008

MORE SPRING SPRUNGINGS!!!




Spring is not our favorite season this year! It's been cold and rainy and the wind machines are a constant nuisance running all hours of the morning. As you can tell from the picture Dylan isn't too happy with spring right now either. In an after school program, Dylan had become very interested in soccer. Whatever Dylan does--he does all out heart and soul. He got kicked a good one which did lots of damage to his ligaments. He hates the brace and it's impacted his soccer playing big time! The culprit--the mean old kicker? His own brother TJ who also plays all out--heart and soul and was concentrated only on the ball. Too funny. Aunt Julia is also on the "sickie" list. She's in the hospital with pneumonia and gall bladder problems. Garth's a little sniffly, too, but I think it's his allergies.

I received two nice surprises in the mail this week. Janeen is a longarm quilter and has done one quilt for me and one for Julirae both of which were beautiful. I had given her a pile of quilt tops which she's doing for me. This one was constructed by my mother and Janeen did a wonderful job combining beautiful modern quilt patterns of her own design with the vintage fabrics. It filled me with such a longing for my mom. The other nice surprise was a graduation announcement from our granddaughter Lisarae. Gosh kids grow up fast.

Truly I can say, I'll be glad when spring has sprung for more than four hours at a time!

No comments: