Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A CASE FOR DANDELIONS














Life is wonderful when spring is on its way! Grandpa has been working for nearly two weeks on his sprinkler system and is nearly done. I was trying to get a good picture so you could see it, but this was the best I could do. Notice his "helpers": Marissa, Sammie, Adaon, Taron and Andrew. If you look hard, you can see that 3 are leaning on their shovels, one is looking for "bugs" and one is working. We really appreciated Adaon who worked steadily for two days shoveling in all the dirt.
Most people hate dandelions and try to prevent them as much as possible. I love the dandelions given as a sweet gesture by the grandkids. Marissa brought me a batch yesterday then she and Andrew brought me this batch this morning. When we went to Jennie's, her girls kept bringing them to me until I told them to stop. Isn't it fun how kids can't tell the weeds from the flowers but know only that Grandma will love their "flowers"? I'm not about to tell them that they're weeds.
Have a great day and don't let the dandelions prejudice you against believing in the basic good of people

No comments: