Monday, February 18, 2008

A RAUCOUS ROOSTER




Like Chanticleer of old, we have a neighborhood rooster who, literally. rules the roost. Everyone, supposedly knows the covenants for this community, but despite that we do have several "beasts" around. This blasted rooster crows all hours of the day and night--especially during the day. He's a little like a barking dog--he crows at every little noise or whatever. Anyway, there are times that I'd like to be able to sound off about things that bother me, such as:
  • famous people (idols) who lately seem to apologize for their wrongdoings with the disclaimer of "I wouldn't want kids to do what I did." and then go right on doing what they were doing!
  • famous people who have no couth, morals or modesty and the press flaunts their escapades
    lousy drivers
  • those who can do nothing but harass, besmirch or discriminate against others
    high prices
  • people who don't watch their children in stores (We retired people often shop in the morning which means we're shopping with other retired folks or mothers of small children who consider it their privilege to let their children run and scream all over Wal-Mart.)
  • waitresses or clerks who call me "honey" or "dear
  • waitresses or clerks who ignore me when I'm with Julirae and conduct my business with her!
  • waitresses or clerks who conduct my business with Garth

Thank you for listening to my crowing! Now I know why our very own Chanticleer does his crowing! Here's a picture to keep you going until summer!



















































No comments: