Sunday, February 10, 2008

A LITTLE GOOD NEWS

The other night I checked my MSN homepage just before I went to bed and the news was awful. Shootings-- plus all the war news and politics made life seem dreary. I thought also about recent deaths in our little community of pioneers who have lived here forever Jay Christensen, Harlan Dunsire and Pat Schrom. Then I remembered Anne Murray singing: "Sure could use a little good news today." So I began this morning thinking of what good news there is (at least in my neck of the woods):

  • The snow is melting. Too fast for some. Highway 262 is closed down by Mardon because of water across the road. That's an understatement as you can see in the picture. Our vantage point is the high canal. (I made Garth go around the barricade so we could get the picture. The house you can see is the old Spartviet (??) place just as you round the corner past the orchard.) As we were making our way on that soft, wet ditchbank (and worrying that we might slip off into the canal!) , the state crew was coming in to fix the problem. They must not have fixed it because the barricade was still up when we got home after 10 last night.



  • Angie is playing good basketball. We watched a game yesterday. This is the first game they've won, but Angie is doing great. Well, truth is, Dad watched and I played with Sonia (David's sister) new baby Elisa. What a head of hair!

  • Hilary is not winning all the votes right now. Sorry, but I don't like the woman.

  • Our house remodeling is coming right along. The picture of the family room shows it crowded with furniture from the front room which is empty, but it's a room we've come to love even with all the furniture.




  • Babies are still wonderful additions to our world. It's baby Kaedynce's butt you can see scrambling up the stairs under Ashlynn's not so watchful eye.


  • My niece Susan who is a bookworm to the nth degree and a very insightful book critic took on an author and put him in his place. She didn't back down from his criticism of her criticism. I was proud! Way to go Susan!
  • And, most of all, God is still in His heavens and good people are doing good things not only on the Royal Slope, but in the world everywhere.

No comments: