Saturday, February 23, 2008

A FLU BUG AND A PRETTY ROOM


A couple of people have asked about our renovation project and when I'm going to post a new blog. I'm sorry to be so long, but I've been felled by the flu bug! Twice in as many weeks. For the second time in as many weeks, I've missed going to the temple with Garth. He's avoided the bug so far which he claims is because he's working so hard that it can't catch up with him. The most infuriating thing is that this is the very flu that I paid a pretty price and withstood the agony of a flu shot to avoid! I haven't been this sick in years! The worst problem is that with this kind of flu you're very, very tired and you have horrible nightmares! So beware!
He's finished with the front room and hall. The subflooring was bad in places so he replaced those spots and put new boards over the whole room. We compared notes on piecing. I heard a few disparaging remarks when he forgot the old adage to "measure twice and cut once", but it looks very nice. The color in this room is very similar to the family room and I doubt you'll see the subtleness of the accent wall in the picture. The carpet will be installed on Wednesday or Thursday so we can move back into it. We're actually going to buy a few new pieces of furniture.




I've also added a small picture of the retirement wall hanging. It also didn't fare well in photography, but it looks nice on the wall. Sorry about the stepstool in there.



The top picture shows you how much weight Garth's lost. He's been enjoying wearing his Western suit again. Here he's ready for the funeral in his cowboy wear head to toe! He loves his hat and boots.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Uncle Garth looks very slim and dapper in his suit! It also looks like the renovations are going well.

I hope you feel better soon.