Friday, May 23, 2008

RED LETTER DAYS

This is our latest project. Yes, that's Uncle Tom on the roof and Garth on the contraption. Tom and Julia came over recently and Tom and Garth did this project. Julia and I sat in the house and talked and talked. We're planning a trip to White Salmon the first week of June and the four of us are going for a ride on the Mount Hood Railroad which we've wanted to do for quite a while. It's so fun to have family!

Looks like our Memorial Day weekend will be wet. I showed Marissa the weather icon on MSN and explained that it would be raining all weekend. She asked me why and then said, "Maybe it's because the clouds are sad." She's a frequent visitor to our house. Last night Grandpa and I took some of the grandkids to see the new Indiana Jones movie. We goofed. It was very late for them, but we actually all enjoyed the movie and dinner at McDonald's. Samantha and Andrew told us about their roles in the upcoming production of Alice in Wonderland on Friday to which we are invited.

We've not been doing too much. I had a wonderful Red Letter day yesterday when, as a family history consultant, I was finally able to access the long-awaited new family history website. To my dismay, I found many errors on the Whitby lines which I will have to get busy and correct. I haven't checked the other lines yet. Garth's been working on whatever-that-is-on-the-roof. I've been slogging through getting Andrew's quilt done. For some reason, it's been a difficult quilt to make.

Tomorrow after the temple, we're going to decorate (isn't that a funny term?) the graves in Connell and Pasco. I've been upset with how few patriotic things I'm able to find for the vets. I'm so proud of those in our family who have served in the military and those who made the supreme sacrifice. On the Gunter side of the family, one family lost all of their sons in the Civil War. We miss the grandparents as well as all the other loved ones.

Our local Church book store always tucks a little thought into our bags. Today's was: We know nothing of tomorrow, our business is to be good and happy today. Let's do that.











No comments: