Monday, October 4, 2010

Naked Warrior, et al

When we first moved to South Barre, my sister asked if it is a "quaint New England town like you read about in all the murder mysteries". I assured her that it wasn't. Quaint, yes, but Barre is a town with some problems. Barre is an old town and full of interesting buildings and "characters". I would have loved to take pictures of some of those characters like the grizzled paper boy who carried a bag of newspapers on both shoulders. The warrior always interested me because of the various patterns the rain and snow made on him. In a snowstorm he always wore a little tophat. Please excuse the church pictures. The originals looked okay but I couldn't make them all fit. There are many churches in Barre.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow design personalized with Smilebox

No comments: