Thursday, December 11, 2008

Unscrooged




For years, I've had a village which has become quite extensive. I usually put it up right after Thanksgiving with help from the grandkids and kids. This year I had a new helper to my great surprise. In case, you're wondering, he's building the North Pole and telling me not to take his picture. In fact, he's becoming quite vocal about me not putting him on the blog all the time.

We bought a rather big Christmas tree earlier than usual. Normally, the tree is my bailiwick--even the grandkids get tired of doing that. But look at this--

The village is up, but the gifts aren't finished yet. I'm always so perverse because I take real pleasure in making gifts for my family. That means Santa's workshop is open for days on end and Santa's helper is working at gifts and not doing other things. This year has been especially perverse! Ah well. Tis' the season and I adore it!

No comments: