Tuesday, January 1, 2008

CLOSETED CHRISTMAS


Christmas is back in its closet tonight. Nicole, Sammie and I spent most of the day yesterday wrapping and packing things in boxes and totes. Above was the pile when we quit last night. I was convinced that everything would fit in the closet. This morning I carried stuff upstairs and shelved it. When Nicole and Meagan came over, I had this pile which I wasn't sure at all would fit in the already stuffed holiday closet--there is some other holiday stuff in it.After Nicole and Meagan arrived, we went to town first of all for snacks to sustain us and then set to work. With our three great brains and Nicole's eye for organization, the closet now looks like this:

Of course, Murphy's Law being what it is, we found one tote sitting in the front room after we had finished! I swore all the kids to secrecy, but we did admit to Grandpa that one tote was in the bedroom closet. We were proud of our work and celebrated by having a fun day with Jennie and her kids. We had one mishap provided by a football launching contraption called Mr. Quarterback (I couldn't get a good picture) which launched a football right into TJs mouth with a little help from Mr. Dylan. All TJ got was a fat lip and a lesson learned that it isn't wise to step in front of a high flyin' football!



No comments: